Sunday, February 12, 2006

Had a busy week as usual, and now I am feeling rather gulity for not being as productive as I planned this weekend. I didn't even work on my thesis at all yesterday when I had originally intended to spend the entire day working on it. Ahhh, I'm finding it really hard to drag myself in front of the computer these days. I'm not sure if it's because the studying for the bar exam is wearing me out, or what. We are kind of in an intense bar study period right now because we are pushing through to get all the lectures finished so that I can send them back by the first week of march. This means that we spend three days a week closeted away in one of the library study rooms for around 8 hours listening to recorded law lectures. I have even started drinking coffee because it is literally the only way to keep myself focused. I am really looking forward to a break next week! It is our spring break and I am going with my Indonesian law class on a trip to Jakarta for the first part of the week (our prof has set up visits to places like the Supreme Court, the university, a law firm, etc), and then over to Bali for a mini vacation for the last part of the week. I'm also intending to use the trip for some field research for my thesis, so I need to get myself organized this week and figure out which organizations I need to visit and what information to try to find.

One fun event did happen this week. My friend Dawn was on a business trip to the Philippines and found the opportunity to pop over for a brief visit. She was literally over here for barely more than a day, but we made the most of it. Ran all over town during the day and then went out for drinks and to one of Singapore's newest clubs, Ministry of Sound, at night. I wasn't very impressed with Ministry of Sound actually. Wednesday night is ladies' night here in Singapore, and that usually means free drinks all night, but that wasn't the case at MOS. I think they are still sliding by on newness and name recognition, but after awhile they are going to have to get back in line with the other clubs and start reducing prices and providing free drinks on ladies' night. After all, Singapore is the land of conformity!

No comments: