Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Good news that I found a good place to live next semester! As many of you know, I am not very satisfied with where I live now, due to the inconvenience of the location. I managed to find an apartment in a GREAT location- perfect, really. It is 10 minutes from school on a direct bus line, walking distance from the metro, and in a great neighborhood called Holland Village. I already go to Holland Village quite often because it has good restaurants, coffee shops, etc. It will be nice to just walk down the street to a coffee shop to study if I want. Plus, I will no longer have to share a bedroom and my new room will have a desk and internet access, meaning that I can actually study at home if I want to! I never thought that I would think of this idea as a "luxury" but see what living in Singapore has done to me. Also, it is right across the street from a good grocery store and hawker food stalls, both of which are open 24 hours. Ah, I am so happy about this new development.... Too bad I can't move in until January 15th. Oh well, it's worth the wait. My roommate is a girl from Mauritius who studied here at NUS and is now working here. Her current roommate is from Denmark and is just finishing up a 6 month internship in Singapore.

No comments: