Monday, October 03, 2005

The day has degenerated in a way that I am feeling kind of disgruntled and frustrated with my life out here at the moment. I think I'm going to visit Residence Life to find out if I can move on campus, because that would at least solve some of the basic frustration that has to do with the inconvenience of my living situation. I spend approximately 12 hours a day in the library because I feel that I can't get any work done at my apartment due to the discomfort of being there and lack of internet access. I could come to school for just part of the day, but once I am here I feel that I have to stay at least until it gets dark so that I can go for a jog on the track on my way home. Otherwise I wouldn't get any exercise because it is too hot to exercise outside during the day, and the gym here is really quite disgusting so I can't go there (it smells horrible, nothing is clean, everything is really old, and there is not enough equipment for everyone to use). If I have other errands to run during the day that do not involve school, the day is basically shot for getting anything done because it takes too much time taking buses and the metro around to go downtown AND to school. As it is, I spend about 1.5 hours a day waiting for the bus and commuting to and from my apartment to school.... ok, so you can see I am frustrated at the moment! The other thing is that I don't even really know if they will consider letting me move on campus because they are sooooo inflexible about rules here. They might just say, "Sorry, graduate students can only live at Gillman Heights, and not the on-campus residences" and not even consider my pleas for an exception. Well, I will try. Don't know if I can come to school tomorrow though because I need to go get my visa for Burma. Another day wasted with useless activities....

No comments: