Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Time for another Singapore rant... I have moments when this country just drives me INSANE! And today, unfortunately, I had to deal with more of that Singaporean attitude that drives me up the wall. As most of you probably know, I have decided to do most of my studying at the National Library for the next couple of months. It is air-conditioned, conveniently located, and well-equipped. So I pack up my computer and one book I am currently using to write my thesis, and find my way to the library, only to be told that I am NOT ALLOWED IN. What the hell?!?! Apparently, there is no studying allowed in the library and you can't bring any of your own books in. It's a LIBRARY- that's what library's are for! But no, they have set up a separate study lounge which is the only place students are allowed to study. Of course, the only problem is that this study lounge is extremely small- especially for something that calls itself the "national" library- and is totally full. Ahhhhhhhh.... Do Singaporean rules just seem completely and totally ridiculous to you sometimes? Because they sure do to me. I have NEVER been to a library before where they won't let people in to study. Why is this country trying to make it so hard for me to pass the bar exam and finish my thesis?

No comments: