Monday, January 30, 2006

Chinese New Year passed by pretty quietly for me, as I stayed home for the rest of the weekend and did such mundane tasks as cleaning and laundry (I actually really really like taking a "day of rest" each week to putter around the house), and worked on my thesis some. Following dinner with my friend, my only reminder that it was a holiday was the occassional pop of firecrackers in the distance and the drumming sound of traditional dragon dances rising up from the street. I was going to go to a party on Sunday night where they had planned a dragon dance, but I felt that I had gone out too many nights in a row and needed a break. It was a good decision. Tomorrow starts the beginning of another week of my usual gym/bar study/class/thesis schedule, and I feel more rested and ready to get back to work now.

No comments: