Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A new travel first for me- I brought my laptop with me and am now sitting at my hostel checking email, etc.- and planning on actually doing some studying tonight as well. Because this trip only involves one stop- Bangkok- and I have been expecting some down time while mom has tour-related stuff that she needs to participate in, I thought I could safely bring my laptop and maybe even make up for some lost time at school. So far so good! I hope mom's hotel has wireless too, cuz the hostel has it and I have to say it is very convenient! I'm getting bitten by mosquitoes while I sit here though....

Spent pretty much the entire day at MBK (one of Bangkok's mega shopping malls) getting some errands done- haircut, eye exam and new glasses, etc. V. happy with having this day here in Bangkok before I meet up with mom tomorrow- funny to think that Bangkok, though a 2+ hour flight, is easily considered a short jaunt form Singapore for weekend shopping and errand-running trips. Prices are MUCH better here, and it is easy to find cheap plane tkts, so very worth it. I guess it's the equivalent of a weekend shopping trip to New York City, though much much much better-priced.

I hope mom likes it here! I think I've probably talked about how much I love Thailand so much that she has really high expectations!

No comments: