Thursday, January 12, 2006

Just had my first class of the new semester. I am taking Indonesian Law from a French Canadian man who used to teach at McGill (in Montreal) and has now been at NUS for 10 years, primarily because of his scholarship on Indonesia and the convenience of being based in Singapore rather than Canada. I think it will be a great class, and already we are planning a class trip to Jakarta during our Spring break. I'll use the trip to do some research on my thesis as well. I think the professor will be able to help me set up some meetings with various people to discuss security issues.

it's still raining. I wonder when it will stop? Rainy season comes with a vengeance here.

And it's a bit surreal to be here for another semester and see a whole new slew of exchange students wandering the halls, looking lost, as I am sure I looked back in August! I feel like a seasoned veteran here at NUS, and I even feel that I know Singapore quite well by now too. I'll have to find a few new places to explore this semester.

The big move to my new apartment in Holland Village is this Saturday. I have loved living at Karen's place for the last several weeks, and being right at Orchard Rd, but I am also looking forward to moving to my new place and settling in for the next six months. I will really really miss the gym at Karen's condo though! It is so nice and convenient to have it right there. I'm going to join a gym as soon as I get back from my trip to Bangkok to see mom though.

No comments: