Friday, January 06, 2006

I've been a lazy bum for the last couple of weeks, doing pretty much nothing AT ALL, so I haven't had reason to write. I did, however, have a quite enjoyable New Year's Eve with friends here. One of the girls from school hosted a murder mystery dinner party, with a 1920's theme, so I thought you might enjoy some of the pictures:





That was my best effort at trying to look appropriate for the era... and these are all friends from school. They were all in Constitutional Law with me last semester.

Other than that, it is the monsoon here in Singapore now, which means it RAINS HARD every afternoon. It's also a bit cooler than usual, which is very pleasant. Not that I've been getting outside much to enjoy the weather. I'm staying in the shopping center of Singapore right now, and I have to say that after a couple of afternoons/evenings spent wandering around the shops and such, I got bored with it. And I didn't spend much money at all, mostly because the after-Christmas sales here are rather pathetic. Singapore's idea of a great sale is 10-20% off, and that just doesn't cut it for someone who is used to post-holiday sales of 50% or more!

No comments: